Adobe Training Description|
Adobe® Photoshop® has been an indispensable image editing software application for many years. As an aspiring graphic designer, you would like to familiarize yourself with image creation and editing using this software. Understanding the different tools and features available in Photoshop CS3 will help you to maximize your creative potential. In this course, you'll use the several tools and features of Photoshop CS3 to work with images.
Adobe Training Objective
You will explore the Photoshop CS3 interface and use several tools for selecting parts of images. You will learn to use layers and to apply layer effects and filters to create special effects. Additionally, you will use painting tools and blending modes to create shading effects. Finally, you will save images in print and web formats.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer's operating system, such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with windows. They should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, etc. The students should also be familiar with the basic features/functions and terminology of image editing.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is designed to cover the basic image editing features of Adobe Photoshop CS3. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Adobe Certification Exam for Adobe Photoshop CS3, and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in the Adobe Photoshop CS3 series.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel® Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above.
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 500 MB to run the course.
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended.
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution.
- CD-ROM drive.
- A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the Photoshop CS3 environment.
- work with image areas.
- work with multiple layers.
- enhance images.
- save images in the web, print, and PDF formats.
- manage assets by using the various tools available in Adobe Bridge.
Adobe Training Course duration
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or above
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Exploring the Photoshop Environment
Lesson 2: Working with Image Areas
- Topic 1A: Explore the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Workspace
- Topic 1C: Explore the Navigation Tools
Lesson 3: Working with Layers
- Topic 2A: Select Image Areas
- Topic 2B: Save a Selection
- Topic 2C: Modify a Selection
Lesson 4: Enhancing Images
- Topic 3A: Create Layers
- Topic 3B: Create Type Layers
- Topic 3C: Transform Layers
- Topic 3D: Alter Type Properties
- Topic 3E: Apply Layer Styles
- Topic 3F: Undo Previous Steps
- Topic 3G: Arrange and Group Layers
Lesson 5: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic 4A: Paint Strokes on an Image
- Topic 4B: Apply Filter Effects
- Topic 4C: Convert an Image to Black and White
- Topic 4D: Blend Layers
- Topic 4E: Merge Layers and Flatten Images
Lesson 6: Managing Assets with Adobe® Bridge
- Topic 5A: Save Images for Use in Print Applications
- Topic 5B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 5C: Save Images as PDF
Appendix A: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Program®
- Topic 6A: Explore Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6B: Work with Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6C: Work with Stacks and Filters in Adobe Bridge
- Topic 6D: Apply Metadata and Keywords to Files