You will enhance your ability to create accurate masks and image effects, to retouch images, to work with video files, and to automate repetitive tasks
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Before taking this course, students should have taken the Adobe® Photoshop® CS3: Level 1 course or have equivalent knowledge
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is intended for the intermediate and advanced users of Photoshop
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel® Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor.
- 512 MB of RAM or above.
- 1 GB of harddisk space to install software, and an additional 500 MB to run the course.
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended.
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution.
- CD-ROM drive.
- A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use the various tools to mask and clip layers to edit an image.
- create and edit vector paths to use the paths to create masks.
- use the tools available in Adobe® Photoshop® to enhance an image.
- create special effects.
- use the video tools available in Adobe® Photoshop® to edit video files.
- automate tasks in Adobe® Photoshop®.
Adobe Training Course duration
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
- QuickTime® Player
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or above
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Masking and Clipping Layers
Lesson 2: Masking with Vector Paths
- Topic 1A: Edit an Image Using Quick Mask Overlay
- Topic 1B: Save and Edit a Selection as an Alpha Channel
- Topic 1C: Work with Layer Masks
- Topic 1D: Clip a Layer
Lesson 3: Enhancing Photographs
- Topic 2A: Create Vector Paths
- Topic 2B: Edit Paths
- Topic 2C: Mask Images with Paths
Lesson 4: Creating Special Effects
- Topic 3A: Retouch Photographs Using Photoshop Tools
- Topic 3B: Adjust Tonal Range Using Adjustment Layers
- Topic 3C: Create Patterns
- Topic 3D: Create Swatches and Gradients
- Topic 3E: Create a Custom Brush
Lesson 5: Working with Video Files
- Topic 4A: Preview Text Effects Using Layer Comps
- Topic 4B: Warp an Image
- Topic 4C: Work in Vanishing Point
Lesson 6: Automating Tasks
- Topic 5A: Preview Videos in Photoshop
- Topic 5B: Retouch Videos
Appendix A: Working in Adobe Device Central CS3
- Topic 6A: Create an Action
- Topic 6B: Manage Actions
- Topic 6C: Automate Tasks in Adobe Bridge
Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Objectives Mapping
- Supplemental Topic Preview Images in Adobe Device Central CS3