Adobe Training Description|
You are familiar with the Photoshop tools and techniques used to design and create images. Applying the correct image and color correction processes and techniques ensures that you get the desired output while printing images for commercial purposes. In this course, you will learn professional techniques for obtaining consistent, predictable, high quality images in Photoshop. You will learn to adopt a balanced approach, starting with system calibration through image enhancements and color correction. You will also create traditional printed effects such as duotones and spot color overlays.
Adobe Training Objective
You will identify two contrasting approaches to handling color images. You will begin by calibrating your monitor and using color management profiles to control the image display to match its intended output. Next, creating a crisp line art image, eliminating dust and scratches, suppressing moiré patterns, and correcting red eye defects will help you to make that picture perfect. You will apply color by the numbers approach—using curves adjustment layer—to eliminate color casts and maximize contrast in important regions of images. Finally, you will apply techniques for improving sharpness, converting color images to grayscale, and adding spot colors to images.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Adobe® Photoshop® CS3: Level 1, or familiarity with Photoshop.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is intended for new users of Photoshop.
- Intel® Xeon®, Xeon Dual®, Centrino®, or Pentium® 4 or Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 1 GB of free hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 500 MB to run the course.
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended.
- Mouse or compatible tracking device.
- 1024 x 768 or greater monitor resolution.
- CD-ROM drive
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine color workflow.
- calibrate the monitor and use color management profiles to control the image display to match its intended output.
- use the advanced image support features available in Photoshop CS3.
- eliminate dust and scratches, suppress moiré patterns, and correct red eye defect in images.
- perform image color correction.
- choose the settings and adjustments based on specific image and printing conditions to create high quality CMYK separations for commercial printing.
- sharpen an image without intensifying or accentuating noise and other defects.
- convert color images to grayscale and add spot colors to them.
- Microsoft® Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or Windows Vista Home, Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise.
Adobe Training Course duration
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Examining Color Workflow
Lesson 2: Setting Color Space
- Topic 1A: Compare RGB and CMYK Color Modes
- Topic 1B: Color
Lesson 3: Using
Advanced Image Support
- Topic 2A: Calibrate and Profile Your Monitor
- Topic 2B: Set a Working Color Space in Photoshop
- Topic 2C: Convert Images from One Color Space to Another
- Topic 2D: Manage Printing and Color
Lesson 4: Removing Image Defects
- Topic 3A: Create High Dynamic Range Images
- Topic 3B: Use the Camera Raw Format
- Topic 3C: Preview an Image on a Video Monitor
Lesson 5: Adjusting RGB Color
- Topic 4A: Remove Dust and Scratches
- Topic 4B: Minimize Moiré Patterns
- Topic 4C: Eliminate Red Eye Defects
Lesson 6: Creating CMYK Separations
- Topic 5A: Meet Color Correction Objectives
- Topic 5B: Locate Highlights, Shadows, and Neutral Areas
- Topic 5C: Make Automatic Color and Contrast Adjustments
- Topic 5D: Make Basic Curve Adjustments
- Topic 5E: Correct Memory Colors
- Topic 5F: Adjust Shadows and Highlights Independently
Lesson 7: Sharpening
- Topic 6A: Adjust Color Settings for Prepress
- Topic 6B: Display Calibration
- Topic 6C: Adjust Out-of-Gamut Colors
- Topic 6D: Color
- Topic 6E: Adjust CMYK Curves
Lesson 8: Working with Grayscale and Spot Colors
- Topic 7A: Apply Unsharp Masking
- Topic 7B: Sharpen an Image
Appendix A: Capturing
Images in Digital Format
- Topic 8A: Convert Color Images to Grayscale
- Topic 8B: Create Duotones
- Topic 8C: Add Spot Color to an Image
Supplemental Lesson: Capturing Images in Digital Format
Appendix B: Commercial
- Topic 1A: Scan Various Image Types
- Topic 1B: Choose Scanner Settings and Adjustments
Appendix C: Choosing
Appendix D: Adobe®
Certified Expert (ACE) Program