Adobe Training Overview|
Students will learn to modify and combine scanned photographs to create realistic composite images using Photoshop.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of your computer’s operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Students will learn to use several tools for selecting parts of images, and will move, duplicate, and resize images. Students will learn to use layers, and to apply layer effects and filters to create special effects, including lighting and texture effects. Additionally, students will use painting tools and blending modes to create shading effects, and will perform adjustments to contrast and color balance. Students will save images in formats for print and Web use.
We designed Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 1 for the student who has little or no experience using Adobe Photoshop, and who needs to learn the basics skills that are necessary in order to begin to use this program effectively.
You will need
See your reference manual for hardware considerations that apply to your specific hardware setup.
- At least 64 MB of RAM.
- At least 125 MB of free hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 25 MB to run the course.
- A Pentium® class processor.
- Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Millennium, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0.
- A color monitor with 256-color (8-bit) or greater video card (24-bit color recommended).
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- Adobe Photoshop 6.
In addition, you will need printers if you want to print the images created in the course
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Select appropriate resolutions for different image and output types.
- Resize and crop image areas.
- Select image areas using the Lasso, Marquee, and Magic Wand tools.
- Use alpha channels to save and load selections.
- Create and manipulate multiple layers to composite images easily.
- Apply blending and shading effects to create realistic composites.
- Select colors using the Color palette, Color Picker, and Eyedropper tool.
- Use Photoshop’s painting tools to create artwork or to retouch photographs.
- Add and format text within an image.
- Apply layer effects and filters to create special effects including lighting effects and textures.
- Modify the brightness, contrast, color balance, hue, and saturation of images.
- Save images in file formats for use with other applications and the Web.
Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 1 is the first course in this series, and is followed by Photoshop 6 Basic Skillls 2. Students who want to learn techniques for creating and optimizing graphics for the Web should take Photoshop 6 Web Production. Students who want to learn techniques for increasing their efficiency and create a variety of interesting effects should take Photoshop 6 Tips & Tricks. Students who want to learn to use Photoshop’s color correction features and to prepare images for print should take Photoshop 6 Color Correction & Printing.
Adobe Training Course duration
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Photoshop's Environment
Lesson 2: Sizing Images
- Raster and Vector Graphics
- Photoshop Environment Elements
- Navigating in Photoshop
Lesson 3: Selecting Image Areas
- Image Size and Resolution
Lesson 4: Layers
- The Rectangular and Elliptical Marquee Tools
- The Lasso Tools
- Saving Selections
- The Magic Wand Tool
- The Magnetic Lasso Tool
- Modifying Selections
Lesson 5: Blending and Compositing
- Floating Versus Fixed Selections
- Undoing Previous Steps
- Copying Selections
- Creating Layers
- Transforming Layers
- Copying Layers between Images
- Arranging Layers
- Saving Images in Photoshop Format
Lesson 6: Image Modes
- Opacity and Blending Modes
- Feathering Edges
Lesson 7: Color and Painting
- Mode Characteristics
- Grayscale and Bitmap Modes
- Color Modes
Lesson 8: Text, Layer Effects, and Filters
- Selecting Colors
- Painting Tools
- The Clone Stamp Tool
Lesson 9: Adjusting Images
- Type Layers
- Layer Effects
- Merging and Flattening Layers
Lesson 10: Saving Completed Images
- Levels Adjustment Layers
- Toning Tools
- Saving for Use in Print Applications
- Saving for the Web