Adobe Training Overview|
Students will learn the basic skills necessary to use the PageMaker for Windows program.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
An introductory Windows word processing class is strongly suggested.
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Students will learn how to identify the purpose of desktop publishing, start PageMaker, identify elements of the PageMaker environment, enter and format text, work with text blocks, enhance and print a publication, create a two-page newsletter, import and manipulate graphics, and use a template and styles to create a brochure.
Students enrolling in this course should understand the basic concepts involved in working with a personal computer (PC). No prior knowledge of PageMaker for Windows is assumed.
You will need 8 megabytes (MB) of Random Access Memory (RAM) if you are using PageMaker 6.0. See your reference manual for hardware considerations that apply to your specific hardware setup. In addition, you will need printers if you want to print the publications created in the course.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of desktop publishing and identify elements of the
- PageMaker environment
- Enter, select, and modify text using the text tool and the Control Palette
- Size, split, and close text blocks by using windowshade handles
- Use different methods to place text in a publication
- Modify text in the publication by using the Story Editor
- Resize and crop a graphic by using the mouse and the Control Palette
- Use PageMaker templates, styles, and master pages
PageMaker 6.0: Introduction (Windows 95) is the first course in this series. PageMaker 6.0: Advanced (Windows 95), is the next course in this series. Students who want to learn advanced features can take PageMaker 6.0: Advanced (Windows 95)).
Adobe Training Course duration
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Introduction to publishing
Lesson 2: Working with text
- Overview of desktop publishing
- Introduction to PageMaker
Lesson 3: Completing a one-page publication
- Creating and saving a new publication
- Working with text
Lesson 4: Creating a two-page newsletter
- Working with text blocks
- Enhancing and printing the publication
Lesson 5: Completing the newsletter
- Creating a new publication
- Placing text
- Placing text in columns
Lesson 6: Importing and manipulating graphics
- Modifying text by using the Story Editor
- Enhancing the newsletter
Lesson 7: Using a template and styles to create a brochure
- Placing a graphic
- Resizing graphics
- Using text wrap
- Using a PageMaker template
- Introduction to PageMaker styles
- Introduction to master pages
- Completing the brochure