This course begins with a review the concepts and components of DB2 for z/OS.
DB2 commands and SQL will be used to focus on DB2 administration activities.
The relationships between object components will be presented along with communication and security aspects.
Design issues of referential Integrity, table check constraints, user defined data types and functions, and triggers are covered in detail.
Program design issues will be presented which effect concurrency, integrity and performance.
DB2 administration functions and utilities will be discussed in detail.
DB2 Application Performance considerations are reviewed.
After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Explain DB2 UDB for z/OS concepts and facilities
- List and describe the components of DB2 UDB for z/OS
- Create Databases, Tablespaces and Tables to support application development and user data access
- Perform database and tablespace recovery
- Run LOAD, UNLOAD, and CHECK DATA utilities
- Discuss the RUNSTATS utility's capabilities
- Implement DB2's Referential Integrity, Check Constraints, User Defined Distinct Types and User Defined Functions, and Triggers.
- Discuss DB2 Security and Locking / Serialization considerations
- Discuss DB2 Performance considerations
System administrators, database administrators, and technical personnel who are involved with planning, implementing, and maintaining the DB2 UDB for z/OS environment.
Six months of z/OS experience is required. Six months of SQL experience is highly recommended. An understand of basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins is highly recommended.
- The DB2 Concepts and Terminology
- Creating databases and tablespaces
Hands-on Workshop - Database / Tablespace
- Creating Tables and other objects
Hands-on Workshop - Tables, Referential Integrity, Check Constraints, UDT, UDF
- Security and Locking
- DB2 utilities I - LOAD, CHECK DATA, RUNSTATS
Hands-on Workshop - LOAD, CHECK DATA, RUNSTATS
- DB2 utilities II - COPY, REORG, UNLOAD
Hands-on Workshop - COPY, REORG, UNLOAD
- Tablespace Recovery - RECOVERY
Hands-on Workshop - Tablespace Recovery
DAY 3 |
- Programming and Performance
Hands-on Workshop - Programming and Performance
- DB2 Version 8, 9 and 10 changes
|Appendix A - IBM Sample Tables
||Appendix I - "Common" SQL Errors |
|Appendix B - Bibliography
||Appendix J - Version 6 Functions Summary |
|Appendix C - The Programming Workshop
||Appendix K - UDT and UDF |
|Appendix D - EXPLAIN PLAN Statement and PLAN_TABLE and DSN_STATEMNT_TABLE
||Appendix L - Cast Testing |
|Appendix E - Hints to Success
||Appendix M - Trigger Introduction |
|Appendix F - SQLCODES / SQLSTATES
||Appendix N - DB2 for WINDOWs Overview |
|Appendix G - QMF Overview
||Appendix Z8- Changes Summary - DB2 V 8 |
|Appendix H - Stored Procedures
||Appendix Z9- Changes Summary - DB2 V 9 |
||Appendix Z10- Changes Summary - DB2 10 |