The course is for experienced COBOL programmers who need to become proficient in several "advanced" topics.
COBOL Training Prerequisites
Six months experience with COBOL and TSO/ISPF is required.
COBOL Training Course duration
COBOL Training Course outline
Day 1 - Course Introduction
1. Access single and multi-dimensional tables
2. Use the SEARCH and SEARCH ALL verbs
3. SORT a file data using the Internal SORT along with input and output procedures
4. Pass values to a COBOL program via the JCL PARM field
5. Pass information from a COBOL main program to a COBOL sub program
6. Use COBOL Intrinsic Functions to save excessive coding
7. Call to the Language Environment
8. Debug common program abends