Adobe Training Overview|
Students will learn skills that go beyond those covered in the Photoshop Basic Skills 1 course. This course will give students a firm grasp on Photoshop concepts that are applicable to almost every facet of using the application, including Web design, preparing photographic images for printing, and illustration.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Before taking this course, you should complete the Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 1 course or have equivalent knowledge.
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Students will further their understanding of isolating image areas by creating and saving masks with specialized tools, commands, modes, and layer elements. Students will learn how to use vector paths for a variety of purposes, including masking, clipping paths, and illustration. Students will also learn to create and apply creative elements such as gradients, patterns, and color overlays, and to save them along with effects in easy to apply layer styles.
We designed Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 2 for the student who has completed the Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 1 course, and who wants to learn additional concepts and techniques that will apply to almost every facet of using Photoshop.
You will need
See your reference manual for hardware considerations that apply to your specific hardware setup.
- At least 64 MB of RAM.
- At least 125 MB of free hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 25 MB to run the course.
- A Pentium® class processor.
- Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Millennium, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0.
- A color monitor with 256-color (8-bit) or greater video card (24-bit color recommended).
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- Adobe Photoshop 6.
- Adobe ImageReady 3.
In addition, you will need printers if you want to print the images created in the course
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Quick Mask mode, alpha channels, and layer masks to isolate image areas.
- Create clipping groups to use one layer’s contents to mask another’s.
- Create vector paths as tools for selecting images, for creating transparent areas in images to be used with other applications, and for drawing shapes.
- Create color swatches, gradients, and patterns, all of which can be saved and loaded in sets for convenience.
- Create layer styles that can apply effects, colors, patterns, and gradients in one step.
- Use the Background Eraser and the Extract command to create complex masks quickly and accurately, even for images with indistinct edges and very fine details.
Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 1 is the first course in this series, and is followed by this course, Photoshop 6 Basic Skills 2. Students who want to learn techniques for creating and optimizing graphics for the Web should take Photoshop 6 Web Production. Students who want to learn techniques for increasing their efficiency and create a variety of interesting effects should take Photoshop 6 Tips & Tricks. Students who want to learn to use Photoshop’s color correction features and to prepare images for print should take Photoshop 6 Color Correction & Printing.
Adobe Training Course duration
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Masking and Layers
Lesson 2: Vector Paths
- Editing Quick Masks and Alpha Channels
- Layer Masks
- Grayscale Masking
- Clipping Groups
Lesson 3: Swatches, Gradients, and Patterns
- Vector Path Concepts
- Creating Vector Paths
- Editing Paths
- Using Paths for Masking
Lesson 4: Layer Types and Styles
Lesson 5: Advanced Masking
- Fill Layers
- Drawing and Painting Shapes
- Layer Styles
- The Background Eraser
- The Extract Command