Oracle Training Overview|
This Oracle 11g courseware training guide book will prepare students for the Oracle certification exams (OCP).
This course book can be used as a user guide tutorial for ongoing reference long after the course is completed. This training course book is a common starting point in the Oracle database curriculum for administrators, developers and business users.
In addition to receiving the print copy of this course book, all students will receive e-Learning modules.
Oracle Training Course Objectives
The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the SQL database language within the context of an Oracle database, based upon the latest features available. This enhanced revision includes many new and expanded conceptual subjects, including:
Oracle Training Audience
- A summation of relational database principles and an introduction to the Oracle relational database server.
- Using SQL Developer and other available SQL interfaces.
- Writing simple SQL queries which isolate exactly the data desired, and then format and sort the data as needed.
- Writing moderately complex SQL queries using various join techniques.
- Supplement SQL code with references to pseudo columns and system functions.
- Summarizing, grouping and combining data to obtain more meaningful query results and to allow one to draw conclusions and make business decisions based upon the data processed.
- Advanced query techniques such as set operations, sub-queries and summary functions, allowing one to solve some of the more complex theoretical query challenges.
- Creating and maintaining database tables using the SQL Data Definition Language (DDL).
- Managing data within tables using the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Taking advantage of the latest features found within the database such as the use of regular expressions, support for international data, time zones and other topics.
The target audience for this training course is all Oracle professionals, both business and systems professionals, who wish to pass the Oracle certification exams and need a "how to" guide to acquire the knowledge of SQL. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are:
- Application designers and developers
- Database administrators
- Business users and non-technical senior end users
- ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURES FOR EXECUTIVES
- RELATIONAL DATABASE DESIGN & DATA MODELING
To prepare for the "Exam 1Z0-047: Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert" certification, one must complete this course as well as the companion volume ORACLE DATABASE 11G: SQL FUNDAMENTALS II and the course ORACLE DATABASE 11G: NEW & ADVANCED FEATURES FOR DEVELOPERS.
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
RELATIONAL DATABASES & SQL
CHOOSING A SQL & PL/SQL INTERFACE
- ABOUT RELATIONAL DATABASES
- ELEMENTS OF SQL
BUILDING A SELECT STATEMENT
- ABOUT DATABASE CONNECTIONS
- ABOUT BIND VARIABLES
- USING SQL DEVELOPER
- USING SQL*PLUS
- USING APPLICATION EXPRESS
RESTRICTING DATA WITH THE WHERE CLAUSE
- ABOUT THE SELECT STATEMENT
- USING ALIAS NAMES
SORTING DATA WITH THE ORDER BY CLAUSE
- ABOUT LOGICAL OPERATORS
- EQUALITY OPERATOR
- BOOLEAN OPERATORS
- NULL & BETWEEN OPERATORS
- IS [NOT] NULL Operator
- [NOT] BETWEEN Operator
- FINDING TEXT STRINGS
- [NOT] LIKE Operator
- IN OPERATOR
PSEUDO COLUMNS & FUNCTIONS
- ABOUT THE ORDER BY CLAUSE
- MULTIPLE COLUMN SORTS
- SPECIFYING THE SORT SEQUENCE
- ABOUT NULL VALUES WITHIN SORTS
- USING COLUMN ALIASES
- USING ROWID
- USING ROWNUM
- USING THE FUNCTIONS
- USER & UID
- USING THE DUAL TABLE
- SESSIONTIMEZONE FUNCTION
USING THE SET OPERATORS
- ABOUT JOINS
- INNER JOIN
- REFLEXIVE JOIN
- NON-KEY JOIN
- OUTER JOIN
- ABOUT THE SET OPERATORS
- SET OPERATOR EXAMPLES
- ABOUT SUMMARY FUNCTIONS
- SUMMARY FUNCTIONS WITH DISTINCT
AGGREGATING DATA WITHIN GROUPS
- ABOUT SUB-QUERIES
- STANDARD SUB-QUERIES
- CORRELATED SUB-QUERIES
BUILD SIMPLE SQL*PLUS REPORTS
- ABOUT SUMMARY GROUPS
- FINDING GROUPS WITHIN THE BASE TABLES
- SELECTING DATA FROM THE BASE TABLES
- SELECTING GROUPS FROM THE RESULT TABLE
USE DATA DEFINITION LANGUAGE TO CREATE & MANAGE TABLES
- FORMAT COLUMN OUTPUT WITH COLUMN
- DEFINING REPORT BREAKS WITH BREAK
- PRODUCE SUBTOTALS WITH COMPUTE
USE DATA MANIPULATION LANGUAGE TO MANIPULATE DATA
- CREATE TABLE STATEMENT
- NOT NULL
- ALTER TABLE STATEMENT
- DROP TABLE STATEMENT
- SUPPORTIVE STATEMENTS
- ABOUT THE INSERT STATEMENT
- ABOUT THE DELETE STATEMENT
- ABOUT THE UPDATE STATEMENT
- ABOUT TRANSACTIONS
- SET TRANSACTION
- TRUNCATE TABLE
- COMPLEX TABLE REFERENCES
- REFERENCE INFORMATION
- SQL DDL STATEMENT REFERENCE
- SQL DML STATEMENT REFERENCE
- SQL TRANSACTION CONTROL STATEMENT REFERENCE
- SQL OPERATORS REFERENCE