The concepts of DB2 are briefly presented and discussed.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is presented as the means to access DB2 data.
Several guided, hands-on, practice sessions give each attendee an opportunity to use QMF Windows to build "custom:" reports from DB2 data using the extensive powers of the QMF Windows FORMs panels.
Use the QMF Windows "field pull down feature" for changing field values
Use several other QMF Windows facilities such as Help, Save/Display, Export/Import, SQL Query modes, PROCs.
As a result of this class, the attendee will be able to -
- Explain DB2 concepts, terminology and components
- SELECT rows of data from DB2 tables using the WHERE clause to retrieve specific rows
- Format QMF Windows Reports by modifying the QMF Windows FORM
- Use several QMF Windows Commands - LIST, RUN, SAVE/DISPLAY, EXPORT/IMPORT, SHOW
- JOIN tables together to get information from each
- Use the SQL SubSelect feature of SQL
- Build QMF Windows Reports "beyond the basics" using FORM.MAIN, FORM.PAGE,
FORM.COLUMNS, FORM.FINAL, FORM.BREAK1-6, and the (form) LAYOUT command
- Build QMF Windows Reports using "additional FORM features" such as FORM.OPTIONS,
FORM.DETAIL, FORM.CALC, FORM.COND
- Build QMF Windows PROCedures to Run a series of QMF WINDOWS commands allowing for user
input of Data and SQL as VARIABLES
- Use the QMF Windows "field pull down feature" for changing field values
- Use the QMF Windows TABLE EDIT facility to SEARCH through a table and to make CHANGES
- Build SQL SELECT, INSERT and UPDATE statements using the QMF Windows Describe command
End-Users and Information Technology personnel who need use the Query Management Facility for (QMF) Windows to build reports from DB2 data.
At least six months of Windows experience is recommended.
No previous database experience is needed.
- DB2 Concepts and Terminology
- The SELECT Statement
- QMF WINDOWS Basics
- Join and SubSelect
- QMF Windows Report Formatting 1
- QMF Windows Report Formatting 2
- QMF Windows Forms Show
- QMF Windows Export Import
- QMF Windows Form Detail
DAY 3 |
- QMF Windows PROCs - Multiple QMF Windows Commands
- QMF Windows PROCs - VARIABLES as Data and as SQL components
- QMF Windows TABLE EDITOR SEARCH
- QMF Windows TABLE EDITOR CHANGE
- QMF Windows DRAW
- Sample Tables
- QMF Windows EDIT and USAGE Codes
- QMF Windows Commands
- QMF Windows Overview
- QMF Windows PROC with variables for SQL