This course provides a comprehensive overview of BusinessObjects products and
deployment considerations. Experience an "under the hood" examination of a
complete Business Objects implementation and working environment and review a
road map of the standard deployment procedures.
IT professionals who need to understand Business Objects architecture, deployment
strategy, and deployment considerations
- Attendance on Server Products Admin course or in house experience of Business
Objects is recommended.
- Introduction - Understand what is meant by the terms ‘Architecture’ and
‘Deployment’, and appreciate the importance of deployment decisions on the
performance of the system
- BUSINESS OBJECTS Architecture - Understand the basic purpose of each product in
the range and the role that each plays in the overall system architecture
- The Corporate Database - Understand database connectivity concepts and how the
usage of the database affects the deployment decisions
- The Repository - Understand the concept of the Repository, how multiple repositories
work, and how its usage affects deployment decisions
- Network Architecture Considerations - Understand how different Network
Architectures can be applied and understand the factors that influence the choice of
- Broadcast Agent - Understand the main features of Broadcast Agent, what each
components does, and where they should be installed in the system
- Hardware Considerations - Understand the server machine characteristics that affect
system performance, estimate the hardware performance requirements
- Scoping - Understand how the number of users and the types of activity they perform
will affect system performance. Perform user number and activity calculations.
Understand how the type , size and number of documents affects system performance
Scale the system accordingly
- Access & Security - Know the methods of applying security to your deployment and
understand the pros and cons of each. Know how to apply security using each of the
- The Standard Deployment Procedure - Recognise the different types of deployment
and understand the process by which the optimum type of deployment is selected.