- Gain hands -on experience with the newest features of Adaptive Server Enterprise
(ASE), and learn to create database objects expertly using ANSI-standard SQL and
- Study key features and functions of ASE including automatic recovery of transactions,
writing Stored Procedures and triggers, and creating and using cursors.
- Course material also covers important concepts from Introduction to SQL (EDB100),
unions in views, increased number of arguments to Stored Procedures (extensible new
limits), and new data-types with Unichar16.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Use the basic components of Adaptive Server Enterprise to connect to a server
- Create tables, populate the tables with data, and efficiently query data from those
- Employ data integrity methods to ensure the validity of the data
- Write code in Transact-SQL
- Use and manage transactions effectively
- Write stored procedures and triggers to help in database maintenance and upkeep
Overview of relational database concepts, using the basic components of ASE to
connect to a server database, Adaptive Server clients, isql and SQL advantage,
creating tables, modifying/querying data in tables, improving query functionality and
performance, using temporary tables and system tables using constraints, defaults, and
rules to enforce data integrity, writing Transact-SQL code with functions, variables, and
control-of-flow statements, and managing transactions and locking.
Database Administrators, Database Designers, End-Users, and SQL Developers