After the completion of the course, participants would be able to:
- How to write a Test Strategy.
- How to write a Test Plan.
- How to calculate and Test for Risk.
- What Metrics to gather and how to analyse the figures.
- Concepts of Management and Leadership.
- Concepts of Assessment.
- Progress Monitoring of the project.
- Building on success.
Current or Potential Test Leads.
Current or Potential Test Managers.
Development Managers interacting with Test Leads or Test Managers.
Section A - Introduction
Section B - Test Strategy (Organisation wide)
- Logistics and introductions of instructor and participants.
- Course expectations from participants.
Section C - Test Plan (Project based)
- Outline and purpose of a Test Strategy.
- Detailed contents of a Test Strategy.
- Exercise on Building a Test Strategy for each participantís organisation.
Section D - Risk
- Outline and purpose of a Test Plan.
- Detailed contents of a Test Plan.
- Exercise on Building a Test Plan for each participantís current project.
Section E - Metrics
- Definitions related to Risk.
- Calculations of Risk.
- Types of Risk including Business Risk, Development Risk, Testing Risk, and Premature Release
- Addressing Testing for Risk in the Test Strategy.
- Addressing Testing for Risk in the Test Plan.
- Testing for Risk.
- Exercise on identifying and testing for risk.
Section F - Concepts of Leadership and Management
- Definitions of Metrics.
- How to gather Metrics.
- How to interpret Metrics.
- How to use the gathered information to improve the process.
- Exercise on gathering, analysing, and using Metrics from each participantís organisation.
Section G - Assessment of Testing Resources
- Definitions of Leadership
- Definitions of Management
- What a Test Lead/Manager needs to do to be a good Leader or Manager.
Section H - Progress Monitoring
- What constitutes a good Test Team.
- How to assess an existing Test Team.
- Personnel Improvement.
- Discussion on existing problems in participantís test teams.
Section I - Test Lead/Manager Round Table
- Methods of Progress Monitoring.
- Using the information already discussed in the course to make informed decisions about
Section J - Building on success
- Round table discussion of current problems.
- Participants are encouraged to come prepared with current challenges that would benefit from
- group discussion. An open forum for articulating and discussing these issues will be moderated
- by the instructor.
Section K - Review and Wrap Up
- Quality Processes.
- Process Improvement.
- What is next?
- Improve the process - general comments.
- Review and wrap up.