AIX Training Overview|
This course uses extensive lectures to instructor, in detail, how the kernel of the AIX operating system functions. The participant will learn how to determine the activities of the kernel by tracing the relationship of kernel structures, such as linked lists and tables.
AIX Training Audience
AIX system administrators and support people who desire a comprehensive understanding of the inner workings of the AIX kernel; applications programmers who need to know more about writing code that interfaces with the kernel.
AIX Training Prerequisites
A good understanding of the C programming language is required, plus a working knowledge of the AIX operating system, including experience using the vi editor, navigating the file systems, and using basic commands. These skills may be obtained by taking the classes: Introduction to C, Introduction to AIX and AIX System Administration.
AIX Training Course duration
AIX Training Topics
- An Overview of AIX V4 Internals
- Basic Kernel Tables and Lists
- AIX Control Flow
- The AIX Virtual Memory Manager
- The System Call Subsystem
- Process and Thread Management
- Internals of the Journaled File System
- Kernel File System Structures
- Interprocess Communication
- AIX Kernel Debugging