Adobe Training Description|
In this course, you will learn professional techniques for obtaining consistent, predictable, high-quality images from Photoshop. The course addresses color correction processes for each of the three primary uses of Photoshop?desktop printing, Web images, and preparing images for commercial printing. You will learn a balanced approach, starting with system calibration, through the scanning process, image enhancements, color correction, and exporting your image. You will also create traditional printed effects such as duotones and spot color overlays.
Adobe Training Certification
Photoshop® 7.0: Color Correction and Printing is one of five courseware titles that address the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Program objectives for the Photoshop 7.0 exam. The ACE Program is for graphic designers, Web designers, developers, systems integrators, value-added resellers, and business professionals who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Adobe products. Certification candidates must pass a product proficiency exam in order to become an Adobe Certified Expert.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Photoshop® 7.0: Color Correction and Printing was designed for the student who has completed the Photoshop® 7.0: Level 1 and Photoshop® 7.0: Level 2 courses, and who needs to learn color correction techniques, as well as techniques for preparing images for print.
Before taking this course, you should have completed the Photoshop® 7.0: Level 1 and Photoshop® 7.0: Level 2 courses, or have equivalent knowledge. You should also have a basic understanding of your computer?s operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
You will need
- Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor.
- Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT® with Service Pack 6a, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP.
- At least 128 MB of RAM (192 MB recommended).
- 280 MB of available hard-disk space for the application plus 120 MB hard-disk space for course data.
- 800x600 or greater color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card.
- A mouse or compatible tracking device.
- A CD-ROM drive.
- Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Adobe Training Course duration
- Identify the typical uses for color modes, describe the Color Management and Color By The Numbers workflows, and combine the two workflows to create one that will work best for you.
- Calibrate your system for maximum color accuracy.
- Control the scanning process to work with the best possible images in Photoshop.
- Remove defects such as moiré patterns, dust, scratches, noise, and red-eye.
- Perform curve-based color corrections to remove color casts, enhance image detail, and ensure balanced images, and modify the brightness, contrast, color balance, hue, and saturation of images.
- Create custom color separation settings and modify images' gamuts to create quality CMYK output.
- Sharpen images to improve focus and detail.
- Create better grayscale images from RGB files than with Photoshop's default conversion method; and use spot colors to create duotones and spot overlays in images
Adobe Training Course outline
Lesson 1: Color Workflows
Lesson 2: Calibration and Profiling
- Topic 1A: Color Modes
- Topic 1B: Color Management
- Topic 1C: Color by the Numbers
- Topic 1D: Hybrid Workflows
Lesson 3: Scanning
- Topic 2A: Calibrating and Profiling Your Monitor
- Topic 2B: Choosing a Working Color Space in Photoshop
- Topic 2C: Opening and Converting Images
- Topic 2D: Printing and Color Management
Lesson 4: Removing Image Defects
- Topic 3A: Scanning Various Image Types
- Topic 3B: Scanner Settings and Adjustments
Lesson 5: RGB Color Adjustments
- Topic 4A: Removing Dust and Scratches
- Topic 4B: Minimizing Moiré Patterns
- Topic 4C: Eliminating Red-eye
Lesson 6: Creating CMYK Separations
- Topic 5A: Color Correction Objectives
- Topic 5B: Locating Highlights, Shadows, and Neutral Areas
- Topic 5C: Automatic Color and Contrast Adjustments
- Topic 5D: Basic Curve Adjustments
- Topic 5E: Memory Colors
Lesson 7: Sharpening
- Topic 6A: Color Settings for Prepress
- Topic 6B: Calibrating to a Proof
- Topic 6C: Out-of-gamut Colors
- Topic 6D: Color Separating Images
- Topic 6E: CMYK Curve Adjustmentsv
Lesson 8: Grayscale and Spot Colors
- Topic 7A: Unsharp Masking
- Topic 7B: Sharpening Techniques
Appendix A: Commercial Printing Conditions
- Topic 8A: Converting Color Images to Grayscale
- Topic 8B: Duotones
- Topic 8C: Spot Color Images
Appendix B: Choosing Image Resolution
Appendix C: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Program®
- Image Type
- Output Type
- High Resolution
- Adobe® Photoshop® 7.0 ACE Exam Objectives