Adobe Training Description|
Adobe® Photoshop® has been an indispensable image-editing software application for many years. As an aspiring graphic designer, you would like to familiarize yourself with design creation and image editing using this software. Understanding the different tools and features available in Photoshop CS4 will help you maximize your creative potential. In this course, you will use the various tools and features of Photoshop CS4 to work with images.
Adobe Training Objective
You will explore the Photoshop CS4 interface, customize it, and use tools for selecting parts of images. You will learn to use layers and to apply layer effects and filters for creating special effects. Additionally, you will use painting tools and blending modes to enhance the appearance of your design. Finally, you will save images in both print and web formats.
Adobe® Photoshop® CS4: Level 1 is intended for a diverse audience including, but not limited to, computer-savvy professionals who want to create and enhance graphics for marketing materials, newsletters, blogs, and websites; photographers who want to work with and prepare photos for print or web; students with an interest in graphic design or those with novice design skills; and professionals who want to learn and use Photoshop CS4 as a complement to other CS4 programs, such as Illustrator.
Adobe Training Prerequisites
Before taking this course, students should have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, and so on. It is also recommended that students have some experience with digital photography, and graphics working with Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®, Adobe® InDesign®, or Microsoft® Office Publisher.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel® Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
- 512 MB RAM or above
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 500 MB to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended
- A mouse or compatible tracking device
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution
- CD-ROM drive
- A display system to project the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® 7.0 or above
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Adobe Training Course duration
- explore the Adobe Photoshop CS4 environment.
- determine the resolution and graphic type.
- work with selections.
- work with multiple layers.
- enhance images.
- identify the various image mode characteristics and color adjustment options.
- save images in the web, print, and PDF formats.
Adobe Training Course outline
- Lesson 1: Exploring the Adobe Photoshop CS4 Environment
- Topic 1A: Explore the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 1B: Explore the Navigation Tools
- Topic 1C: Customize the Workspace
- Topic 1D: Explore Adobe Bridge
- Topic 1E: Use Photoshop Help
- Lesson 2: Determining Resolution and Graphic Type
- Topic 2A: Differentiate Between Raster and Vector Graphics
- Topic 2B: Understand Image Resolution
- Lesson 3: Working with Selections
- Topic 3A: Create a Selection
- Topic 3B: Save a Selection
- Topic 3C: Modify a Selection
- Topic 3D: Apply Color to a Selection
- Lesson 4: Working with Layers
- Topic 4A: Create Layers
- Topic 4B: Work with Type Layers
- Topic 4C: Transform Layers
- Topic 4D: Apply Layer Styles
- Topic 4E: Manage Layers
- Lesson 5: Enhancing Images with Paint and Filters
- Topic 5A: Paint on an Image
- Topic 5B: Apply Filter Effects
- Lesson 6: Exploring Image Modes and Color Adjustments
- Topic 6A: Explore Grayscale and Bitmap Modes
- Topic 6B: Explore Color Modes
- Topic 6C: Apply Color Adjustments
- Lesson 7: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic 7A: Save Images for Print
- Topic 7B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 7C: Save Images as PDF
- Appendix A: Work with Adobe® Bridge
- Supplemental Lesson Managing Assets with Adobe Bridge
- Topic 1A: Work with Adobe Bridge
- Topic 1B: Work with Stacks and Filters in Adobe Bridge
- Topic 1C: Apply Metadata and Keywords to Files
- Appendix B: New Features in Adobe® Photoshop® CS4