Corel Training Description|
Corel Ventura 10: Level 1 is a hands-on instruction book that will introduce you to the basics of the Corel Ventura® 10 desktop publishing application
Corel Training Prerequisites
To ensure your success, you must have a basic understanding of your computer's operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media.
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured, hands-on activities.
This course is designed for both professional and prospective layout designers who want to lay out documents using Corel Ventura
Hardware /Software Requirements
You will need:
- An Intel Pentium Processor or equivalent 233+ MHz.
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
- At least 128 MB of RAM.
- At least 165 MB hard disk space.
- A CD-ROM Drive.
- An SVGA Monitor with at least 800 x 600 resolution.
- Corel Ventura® 10.
- Work with the environment elements and identify the basic tools used in Corel Ventura.
- Set up single and multi-page documents, format text, as well as import and manipulate graphics.
- Define page tags, and apply them to document pages.
- Import text and create frames to control text flow.
- Define and save colors, as well as apply them to text and other page elements.
- Apply character formatting, apply paragraph formatting, and create paragraph and character tags to save multiple formats that can be applied quickly to sections of text.
- Wrap text around frames and graphics.
- Spell check, create continuation notes, and print a document.
After completing this course, students will be able to create multiple-page documents that include professionally formatted type as well as placed graphics.
After completing this course, students can take the Corel Ventura 10: Level 2 course.
Corel Training Course duration
Corel Training Course outline
Lesson 1: The Corel Ventura Environment
Lesson 2: Creating a Basic Document
- Topic 1A: Corel Ventura Environment Elements
- Topic 1B: The Tag Window, Navigator, and Toolbars
Lesson 3: Page Tags
- Topic 2A: Picas Measurement System
- Topic 2B: Document Setup
- Topic 2C: Working with Text
- Topic 2D: Working with Graphics
Lesson 4: Importing and Threading Text
- Topic 3A: Defining a Page Tag
- Topic 3B: Applying Page Tags
Lesson 5: Working with Color
- Topic 4A: Importing Text
- Topic 4B: Controlling Text Flow with Frames
Lesson 6: Formatting Text
- Topic 5A: Selecting and Saving Colors
- Topic 5B: Applying Colors
Lesson 7: Graphics
- Topic 6A: Character Formatting
- Topic 6B: Paragraph Formatting
- Topic 6C: Paragraph and Character Tags
Lesson 8: Final Preparations and Printing
- Topic 7A: Importing and Placing Graphics
- Topic 7B: Text Wrap
- Topic 8A: Final Preparations
- Topic 8B: Printing