You have used paper-based systems to store data that you run calculations on. You now want to migrate that data to an electronic format. In this course, you will use Corel Quattro Pro 12 to create electronic spreadsheets, use sophisticated tools for managing numbers, perform calculations, and create charts to visually represent your data.
You will create and edit basic Quattro Pro spreadsheets and notebooks.
Before taking this course, students should have basic PC/Windows skills and knowledge; no word processing skills or knowledge is required.
This course is designed for any business, government, law office, small business or home office user of Quattro Pro 12.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore Quattro Pro and learn basic worksheet skills to
create a working electronic spreadsheet.
- modify a spreadsheet.
- use formatting techniques to format a spreadsheet.
- use various methods to check and correct a spreadsheet.
- prepare a spreadsheet for printing.
- work with notebooks.
- create and modify charts.
- sort and extract records.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities
Lesson 1: Creating a Spreadsheet
Lesson 2: Modifying a Spreadsheet
- Topic 1A: Start Quattro Pro
- Topic 1B: Enter Data in a Spreadsheet
- Topic 1C: Save a Notebook
- Topic 1D: Enter Formulas
- Topic 1E: Enter Functions
- Topic 1F: Insert Comments
Lesson 3: Formatting a Spreadsheet
- Topic 2A: Join Cells
- Topic 2B: Insert Rows and Columns
- Topic 2C: Move Data
- Topic 2D: Copy Data
- Topic 2E: Fill Cells
Lesson 4: Checking a Spreadsheet
- Topic 3A: Format Cell Content
- Topic 3B: Format Numbers
- Topic 3C: Align Cell Contents
- Topic 3D: Copy Formats
Lesson 5: Preparing to Print a Spreadsheet
- Topic 4A: Create an Absolute Cell Reference
- Topic 4B: Check for a Circular Cell Reference
- Topic 4C: Spell Check a Spreadsheet
- Topic 4D: Create a QuickCorrect Entry
Lesson 6: Working With Notebooks
- Topic 5A: Preview a Spreadsheet
- Topic 5B: Insert Page Breaks
- Topic 5C: Modify Page Setup Options
- Topic 5D: Set Print
Lesson 7: Creating Charts
- Topic 6A: Navigate in a Notebook
- Topic 6B: Modify Sheet Tab Properties
- Topic 6C: Create 3-D Formulas
- Topic 6D: Format a 3-D Block
Lesson 8: Sorting and Extracting Records
- Topic 7A: Create a Chart
- Topic 7B: Modify a Chart
- Topic 7C: Change the Chart Type
- Topic 7D: Modify Chart Title Properties
- Topic 7E: Use Drawing Tools
- Topic 8A: Sort Data
- Topic 8B: Sort Data with Multiple Keys
- Topic 8C: Extract Records
- Topic 8D: Create an OR Condition
- Topic 8E: Create an AND Condition
- Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP Professional (SP1) or Home. This course
was written using the Windows XP Professional operating system. Using this
course with other operating systems or configurations may affect how the activities
work. (Note: The manufacturer states that WordPerfect Office 12 will work
with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows 98 SE, Microsoft, or Microsoft
Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a). For best results on Windows XP, you should download
and install the latest Service Packs from the Corel website.)
- A personal computer with a Pentium 166 MHz processor or equivalent.
- 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended).
- A minimum of 330 MB of free hard-disk space.
- Either a local CD-ROM drive or access to a networked CD-ROM
- A two-button mouse, an IntelliMouse, or a compatible pointing
- A Super VGA, 16-bit color monitor supporting 800 x 600 or
- An installed printer driver.
- A 28.8 Kbps or faster modem.
- An Internet connection with access to the World Wide Web may
be necessary to complete some tasks in the book. (Note: Internet access may
require payment of a separate fee to a service provider; local charges may
- A Custom setup of WordPerfect Office 12 Professional—see
the Class Setup section for details.
- A web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.