AutoCAD Training Overview
The Autodesk® Navisworks® 2013 Essentials training guide instructs students in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, and Presenter, as well as the Clash Detective tools within Autodesk Navisworks. Using the functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® Review, Simulate, and Manage features, students learn how to open, review, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn how to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, students create interactive animations. In addition, students learn how the Presenter tools can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
AutoCAD Training Topics
- Describe the main features and functionality of Autodesk Navisworks.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check the validity of construction schedules.
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Add true-to-life materials, and lighting and backgrounds to project models, to create photorealistic output.
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
Before using this training guide, students should have working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software. This training guide is designed for new and experienced Autodesk Navisworks users who need to become familiar with the main tools within the software.
AutoCAD Training Course Duration
AutoCAD Training Course outline
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 3DModel Review
Chapter 3 TimeLiner
Chapter 4 Animator
Chapter 5 Scripter
Chapter 6 Presenter Basics
Chapter 7 Presenter Advanced Features
Chapter 8 Clash Detective
Appendix A Data Tools