Projects are a primary means of attaining Strategic Objectives. When we commission projects, we are committing money and resources in the hope that project deliverables will move the enterprise forward. When projects fail, we suffer the twin loss of failed investment and strategic setback. What can we do to ensure that our project investments pay off?
First the good news: it is absolutely true that project success can be the norm in your organization. One of the key factors for regular project success is the degree of Project Stewardship exhibited by all levels of management. Project Stewardship is the sum of policy, practice and approach that management takes with respect to projects. It includes formally approved methods and informal, somewhat hidden cultural influences. In the end, Project Stewardship sets the stage for how well (or how poorly) the rest of the organization supports its projects. This workshop presents challenging concepts and encourages constructive dialog on how Project Stewardship can be improved in any organization so that projects routinely deliver their intended Business Value.
This management workshop will benefit anyone who wants to get the most out of every project dollar: CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, other Senior Executives, PMO Director, Functional Managers and Executives with project responsibility, Portfolio Manager, and anyone who uses projects to execute Business Strategy.
Learning Objectives :
- Nature of project success
- People are the source of project success and failure
- Every project role is important
- Unique role of management in projects
- Steps that management can take to foster project success
- Choose the right projects – implement formal Project Portfolio Management
- Manage every project as an investment
- Support an effective project management methodology
- Ensure executive support of projects
- Ensure customer involvement in projects
- Assign project and business accountability
- Keep expectations realistic
- Manage Transition to maximize Business Value
- Create a culture that supports project success
- Contribute to organizational adoption of change
Why should I take this workshop?:
- A highly experienced instructor will use an interactive lecture format, group discussions and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with a structure and vocabulary to use in future projects.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
- Executive's Guide to Great Project Stewardship presents unique insights into why projects succeed and how to make project success the norm. Attendees should be able to make immediate use of the practical steps presented in this management workshop.
- Take this workshop and learn what you can do to ensure that your organization fully supports the success of every project.
- Learn what you can do to enhance the Business Value that projects deliver.