When we commit money, materials and time to projects we expect to get a reasonable return on our investment. This simply cannot happen if the projects are not successful. Unfortunately, many of our projects (and especially Information Technology projects) fail to meet all of their objectives or even fail outright, leaving us with investments gone bad. Especially in these troubled economic times there is no room for this kind of financial loss. What can we do to ensure that our project investment pays off?
First the good news: it is absolutely true that project success can be the norm in your organization. Even better, the means for doing this is available to your management team today. Proven techniques are available to ensure that every project is a good investment, appropriate resources are committed, the work is properly planned and executed and management is fully informed of accurate status throughout. This management workshop explains how it can be done. It presents specific steps that your organization can take to make its project portfolio a cornerstone of the enterprise.
This management workshop will benefit anyone who wants to get the most out of every project dollar: CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, other Senior Executives, PMO Director, Functional Managers and Executives with project responsibility, Portfolio Managers, and anyone who uses projects to execute Business Strategy.
Learning Objectives :
- The fundamental importance of projects
- Nature of project success
- Importance of Business Value
- How every project is an investment
- Place of Portfolio Management (PPM) in managing the enterprise
- Why PPM is critical to any business
- How to fund the right projects at the right time
- Project and business objectives – assigning accountability
- Functions of the project pipeline
- Pipeline management
- Factors that drive project success
- How project management improves the bottom line
- Project Management Best Practices
- Management Best Practices
Why should I take this workshop?:
- A highly experienced instructor will use an interactive lecture format, group discussions and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material
- We will build on your prior experience in this topic, while providing you with a structure and vocabulary to use in future projects.
- You will receive a Student Guide which will help you follow the material, take notes and retain what you learned so that you can apply it on your job.
- How to Improve your Project Success Rate provides managers with unique insights into why projects succeed and how to make project success the norm. Attendees should be able to make immediate use of the practical steps presented in this workshop.
- Engage in this management training and learn what you can do to ensure that your projects support your strategy, and your organization fully supports the success of every project.
- Learn what you can do to enhance the Business Value that projects deliver.